List Price: $ 16.00
Price: $ 0.88
The new mom’s most trusted resource–now revised and updated to include the latest in nutrition and dietary concerns
This hands-on guide provides mothers with expert advice on losing weight and eating well, so you can feel good about your decision to nurse. Registered dietitian, professional nutritionist, and mother of two Eileen Behan shows you how to shed pounds safely and naturally while nourishing a happy, healthy baby. Learn what and how much to eat, what foods to avoid, the best exercises, plus ways to keep the pounds off after you stop breastfeeding. Get the latest on:
• vitamin and mineral recommendations from the frontlines of nutrition research
• the Glycemic Index–what it is and what it means to breastfeeding women
• fish safety–what you need to know about toxin levels to protect you and your baby
• low-carb diets–good or bad for breastfeeding moms?
• calcium–does it speed up weight loss?
• whole grains–the best ways to integrate this ultimate energy food into your diet
• nuts–high-protein food or fattening snack?
• childhood obesity–how to prevent harmful eating habits, from breastfeeding through toddler years
• sugar substitutes–which ones are best?
PLUS–All new crock-pot recipes, more Web-based resources, and a breakthrough eating plan that allows mothers to eat well, lose weight naturally, and have a happy nursing experience.
Related Breastfeeding Diet Products